Tracking

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Days 92-93 : Minor Setback (Hopefully)

Well, if you remember that little ankle/Achilles problem I told you about in that last blog, then you are already up to par on the last two days. That pain while I was running has lingered into two more days of discomfort. It's not awful, don't get me wrong. It's just there. It's a constant reminder that all is not well, but all is not broken. It's a different pain too. It's not really painful when i stretch it or pinch it, but it hurts after I walk around for a bit. To me, this means it's not Achille's tendonitis. It has to be something else. Like a strain or something that only pops up after it gets used for a while. It's fairly minor at this point, so the plan is to keep it that way.

Dang short beds! I can pinpoint this problem all the way back to one of my trips to Stillwater when I slept in a bed that was too short for me. The sheets were tucked in and my ankle got twisted during the course of the night and was left in that position for far too long. It was noticeably uncomfortable the following day and I just haven't been able to shake it. Stupid beds.

In lieu of recent events, I opted for cross-training today in place of my scheduled 5 mile run. The recumbent bike and I became very close friends for an hour and I got to listen to quite a few good tunes on the iPod. As I get closer to the actual marathon date, my focus is shifting to getting there healthy and not trying to work in more runs when my body isn't willing. I will plan on getting in all of my long runs on the weekends and do as many of the midweek runs as possible as I wind my way down the road to the marathon. It may be a struggle on race day, but I am confident I am stubborn enough to make it to the finish line.

Tomorrow I have a 9 mile run on the schedule and I will give it a go. I plan on going to Lake Hefner and running 1 mile out-and-backs from the car until I get to 9 total. I figure this is a safe way for me to go run outside and have the option to pull the plug if it isn't go well. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment