Tracking

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Days 85-86 : Vacation Needed

I am in desperate need of a vacation. I really don't even have to go anywhere. I just want to take some time off from work. The good thing is that I am taking off 2 1/2 days in a few weeks. That will help clear my mind and get me away from work. After that, the holidays start so it begins to become pretty routine to only work a few days here and there as we gear up for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Hopefully my Pokes reward me with a good bowl trip, because that is likely the only actual vacation I will get any time soon.

Currently I am watching the OKC Thunder game versus the Lakers. They are actually hanging in there and giving it a go. This team is much improved and will be very fun to watch over the years. I can't believe its already basketball season. November will be gone before we know it.

I did an easy workout today at the gym. I focused on stretching and a comfortable run to start the week. Tomorrow I will take my running gear with me to work and try to head out of the office early to get my run in before it gets dark. I have to get in a nice 9-miler tomorrow so it should be a good test of my motivation as I approach another mileage record this week. Hopefully all goes well and I can log all 36 miles with a nice, tough 18-mile run this weekend. The weather looks downright stupid this weekend. It's going to be in the mid-70s with a steady 30 mph wind. Yuck. I hate wind. Maybe if I go early enough the wind will be a little lighter.

Have a good Wednesday. Let's go Thunder! Down by 2 in OT. Still putting up a pretty good fight.

Tuesday, November 3rd : 4.0 miles in 38:40 (9:40 pace)

1 comment:

  1. You know, a vacation can do absolute wonders for the soul! Hang in there until you get a couple of days off.

    ReplyDelete