Tracking

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 95 : Pop-Tarts and Peanut Butter

Wow! Why haven't I thought of this before now?!? All my life I have loved peanut butter and everything about it. I eat it daily and I have continually made it a point to make it even better, if that is possible. Tonight, I may have outdone myself. Chocolate pop-tarts topped with peanut butter! Yes, you read that right. It was dynamite. Hot, toasted chocolate layered with melted peanut butter followed by a nice big glass of milk. AMAZING! It's a perfect combination of carbs, protein, and indulgence all wrapped up in one. This "meal" will be making a repeat on Bryan's list of approved marathon training meals. I am still smiling :-)

I had my last midweek run today and all went pretty well. I actually ran a little faster than I intended, but I was kind of in my own little world, not paying attention to the Garmin. The left Achilles showed some tenderness late in the run, but nothing to write home about really. I did the icing and stretching regimen when I got back to the casa and all is well. This is also my last night with the dogs :-( I will definitely miss the little guys, but it will be nice to have the bed to myself once again. I am sure I will have more opportunities to keep the kids again.

Another OSU weekend coming up. I am planning on laying low tomorrow night and catching up on some DVR. I missed pretty much every show I watch this week since I didn't have access to my own DVR. I will catch up tomorrow and then go for my long run on Saturday morning. I plan on doing a 14-miler at Hefner so if anyone is out there, wave and say hi. Then it will be off to Stillwater for gameday. OSU versus Texas Tech so it should be a shootout. Watch it on ABC if you have it in your area. Go Pokes!

Thursday, November 12th : 5.04 miles in 44:46 (8:53 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment