Tracking

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 87 : Am I in Oklahoma?

Wow, great weather again today. It's been downright beautiful here the past 3 days. Low 70s for temps and absolutely no wind. Yesterday I bypassed the great weather for a day at the gym, but today was a completely different story. I busted out of the office about 4:15 and off I went to Lake Hefner for my midweek long run. I tried to get out early enough to time the sunset perfectly with the end of my run. It worked to perfection! This run was just what I needed. I really have had a pretty good attitude about my running lately. However, it's always nice to get in one of those runs that are just pure pleasure from the moment you start until the last step you take. Today was just that day.

My run today was a faster-paced run which is what I have been doing for the past few weeks. It breaks up the mundane pace of the other runs and keeps me working hard and improving along the way. I like the Wednesday runs too. They seem to be a needed shot of adrenaline to get me through the week. I typically do these runs outside too, so it's nice to get some fresh air and let the worries float away with the Oklahoma breeze.

For this run, I used it as a pace run with a little tempo worked in during the middle of the run. I paced myself around 9:00 to 9:15 miles for the majority of the run and then tossed in a mile or two of 7:45 to 8:00 minute miles around miles 5.5 to 7.5. My overall run averaged out to be around 9:00 flat which was a pretty decent pace for a midweek workout. I am pleased with my current fitness level which is good considering I am only about 5 weeks out from the marathon. Physically I am holding up ok. I have the usual aches and pains, but nothing too severe at the moment. I always have the sports doctors phone number handy though since I am so close now. He told me he would help through the pain if I get close enough and get injured. Hopefully I don't have to make that call, but at least it's an option.

I have another easy 5 miles tomorrow and then a couple of rest days to round out the week. I have pushed my long run back to Sunday this week to coincide with the LandRunners group. They are running 12 miles starting at my work and following the upper half of the OKC marathon. It should be fun to join up with the group again and I can just tack on another 6 miles at the end and finish out my required 18 miles. The key to running with the group for me is to not get caught up and run too fast. Off of the computer for now.

Trying my luck at getting Taylor Swift tickets tomorrow. Apparently it's the hardest ticket in the world to get. Hope it works out!

Wednesday, November 4th : 9.04 miles in 1:21:23 (9:00 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment