Tracking

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Days 64-65 : Is it really that time of year?

Believe it or not, I am sitting here listening to Christmas music on my computer. Yep, you read that correctly. For my regulars, you can tell from several previous posts that I am a country music fan and more specifically, I love Sugarland and Miranda Lambert. Well, Sugarland decided to go ahead and release a holiday album today, so here I am listening to their new stuff and humming to "Winter Wonderland". Crazy! I have to give them props on their marketing efforts. They are hosting a listening party online and to access the feed you have to Tweet about it. Pretty clever!

Week 10. Wow! Week 10. I am halfway to the marathon. If you had told me in February that I would be halfway done with a marathon training schedule in October, I would have said you were crazy. I had always had the slightest inclination to do something like this, but I never really planned on it in the near future. It was always a pipe dream. Kind of one of those things you always say you are going to do, but never really get around to doing it. Man, I am relieved that I decided to take the plunge. I am hooked on this training and pushing myself to new physical limits. I have decided that I am going to buy myself a bike for Christmas as well. It will be a great addition to my workout routine and will put me one step closer to doing a triathlon in the future which has recently made the bucket list. Now if I could just learn to swim without sinking like a rock. Adult swim improvement classes are definitely in my future.

The workout routine has been pretty tame the first few days of the week. I did back and chest exercises yesterday, with about 20 minutes on the stationary bike at the end to loosen up the running muscles. I did arms and shoulder exercises for a bit today and laced up for a quick 3 mile run on the treadmill. My right knee is still being a pain in the butt, but I will get by ok. I have a knot on my leg just below my knee that is always tender when I start running. It hurts for the first few minutes of my run and then goes away. I feel it when I walk the stairs at work and when I get up from my chair at the office. It's definitely something that I will be very cautious of over the next few days. I have a 7 mile run scheduled for tomorrow so we will see how it goes and that will determine if I need another day off or not. I hate to start taking a day off every week, but I may need to ax a shorter run every now and then to keep myself moving through the training plan.

Laundry has become a keynote speaker in my house the past few days so I had to listen to the hum of the dryer all night last night and tonight to get ready for the big trip to Stillwater. The great thing about doing laundry is that I have to stay home and be disciplined. I had the opportunity to go get beer, bad food, and play trivia tonight, but I opted out for a date with my laundry basket and my Trigger Point roller. The roller helps with the fatigued muscles and I recommend it to those who have never used a roller. I picked it up from my physical therapy sessions this summer and haven't let up. It really helps work out the soreness and also helps build your core and stabilizer muscles. I highly recommend it.

Off to bed for now. Have a great day tomorrow. Two more days and I am Stillwater bound! Branded for Life!

Tuesday, October 13th - 3.0 miles in 28:45 (9:35 pace)

1 comment:

  1. you are spot on with laundry requiring discipline. Our big problem is putting it away.

    ReplyDelete