Tracking

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Days 52-55 : Non-Football Weekend

This is the first weekend off since football season started Labor Day weekend. It's a nice change of pace after 4 straight weekends of Stillwater-living. I LOVE going to Stillwater for Cowboy football, but my body is enjoying the break. I did absolutely nothing last night and it was just what the doctor ordered. I caught up on my DVR shows and managed to get some things done around the apartment. Today's plan is to watch football, go visit the family, and prepare for the half marathon tomorrow.

Running was a bit of a chore this week. I wasn't super motivated and my body was a little tender. I did switch out one run with a cross-training workout and did a nice, slow run on the treadmill on Thursday. It's a way for me to kind of slow things down a bit and see if I can regain focus. I know it's a long road to the marathon so I expected to run into some valleys. I think the half marathon tomorrow will be a great motivator and will get me back on track.

About tomorrow, I am going to run the Spirit of Survival 1/2 marathon near Lawton, OK. It is about 1 1/2 hours from OKC and will be a nice change of scenery. I am going to stay the night with my parents tonight, who live about 45 minutes closer so that will cut down on the drive time in the morning and let me catch a little more sleep. Apparently this race is ran on an open-range type course with buffalo and longhorns roaming freely. It is the in the middle of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and should be a nice, relaxing atmosphere. I am not planning on really "racing". My goal is to get in a nice training run and have some fun. The ultimate goal is the marathon so I don't want to screw up and run too hard this weekend and hamper my progress down the road. I will report on the race tomorrow night and let you know how it went.

Off to Amber for now. I hope you all had a great week. Enjoy the weekend and I will try to stay dry tomorrow. The forecast is for rain and 50s. It should be entertaining!

Wednesday, Sept 30th - 6.02 miles in 55:18 (9:11 pace)

Thursday, Oct 1st - 3.0 miles in 29:00 (9:40 pace)

Total September mileage - 88 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment