Tracking

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 66 : Half-Way Home

Today is the halfway point of the week and of my marathon training journey. Two months from now I will be sore, exhausted, and on my way home from Dallas after a successful full marathon run. It just hit me today when the Dallas White Rock facebook page posted it was only 2 months until race day. 2 months. It seems like such a short time.

I am also over the hump at work too. Today was actually my Thursday, so it is amazing to know that tomorrow will be my last day of work this week and then I am Stillwater-bound. Orange Country here I come!

I took another breather from running today and substituted a cross-training workout to try and curb the knee pain. I am really trying to nip this one in the butt before it gets worse. I opted for 15 minutes on the elliptical and then 45 minutes on the stationary bike. I figured it was a pretty decent substitute for my 7 mile run today. I will take the next 3 days off and then will hit my 10 mile run on Sunday when I get home. Hopefully it will be pain free and I can tackle the next big milestone next week.

No updates for the next few days. Have a good weekend. Go Pokes! Beat Mizzou!

No comments:

Post a Comment