Tracking

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 59 : Hump Day Happenings

It's the halfway point this week and another step up the mileage chain for my midweek runs. Basically my Wednesday run increases by 1 mile every 2 weeks until I reach 10 miles and then I start the taper towards the marathon. It's kinda cool how routine 7 miles becomes over the course of training. I had a great time out on the Lake Hefner trails today and the weather was perfect. It was cloudy and upper 50s and no wind. I guess not many other people agreed with my sentiment because fellow runners were few and far between, but I enjoyed every minute. I did have the nagging pain in the right knee and left hip at the beginning, but it loosened up pretty nicely and I slowly worked my way up to a finishing mile of 8:34. I have been trying to train myself to put in a nice finishing kick on all of my runs so that when my body is tired during the marathon it can expect for me to kick it into gear and finish strong. So far, so good. Nothing else too exciting to report on tonight. O-State got some bad news in the football department today with Dez Bryant being ruled ineligible. It will be a huge hit for our offense, but hopefully someone can step up and take over the reins. Oh yeh, almost forgot, Miranda Lambert is coming to OKC! Watch out Ford Center because Bryan, Megan, and Allison are going to pay you a visit on January 8th for Brad Paisley and Miranda. Hope we can score some great tickets!

Wednesday, Oct 7th : 7.02 miles in 1:04:06 (9:08 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment