Tracking

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 25 - Stillwater Bound!

Wow, this week has officially been the slowest week EVER! I can't contain my excitement for opening weekend in Stillwater. My stomach is already in knots and my heart is racing just thinking about the game. Those of you who are not Poke fans, you won't understand. We have a tendency to make every game close. We also find a way to keep things extremely nerve-wracking throughout the game. Watching football tonight on tv makes me even more ready. Only one more day of work and we are Stillwater bound! The Strip better be ready for this train to come to town because we are going to have a blast!

Easy run today. I did a nice jog of 3 miles on the treadmill and called it good. It was nice to go super easy and just let it ride. My running days during the week are becoming a little more enjoyable as my mileage increases a bit. I feel like my runs have a purpose and it makes them a lot easier on the psyche. Nothing on the schedule for tomorrow and Saturday since we have the big game, but I plan on returning to OKC on Sunday to get in a nice, slow 9 mile run to stay on schedule. The 3-day weekend will be welcomed with open arms. Monday will be my rest and recover day.

No blogs for at least 2 days. I will fill you guys in on the weekend in Stillwater when I return. In the meantime, wear something orange tomorrow and tune in to ABC at 2:30 PM CST on Saturday and look for me in the sea of orange! ORANGE POWER! I am pumped!

Thursday, September 3rd - 3.0 miles in 29:30 (9:50 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment