Tracking

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 24 - Lake Hefner

Happy Hump Day! I sure wish that line was "Happy Friday", but I guess this will have to do for now. This week is DRAGGING by, but that was expected. Kickoff to OSU football is less than 3 days away though!

Today I ventured out to Lake Hefner for my first run out there since May. It was a nice change of pace and the weather was nice. Due to the nice weather, the trails were super busy, but I managed to get in a decent 4 mile run and avoided any collisions with the insane bike riders out there. I have to say that the bike people at Lake Hefner are some of the most unfriendly people in the world. I always smile and nod, or smile and wave at people as I run by, but bikers are like machines. No emotion. "Must pedal faster. Destroy runners." I swear that is their mentality sometimes. I got buzzed by a couple of bikers with absolutely no one else on the road at the time. Why wouldn't you go a little farther away from a runner if there was space? I guess I need to put myself in the biker mentality at some point and see why they have this hatred of anything that runs on two feet. I just don't get it.

The runs have been going well lately. I think I will go ahead and do a very easy 3 mile run tomorrow and then take Friday and Saturday off for football weekend. I hope I stay semi-behaved on Saturday because the plan is to run 9 miles on Sunday when I return to OKC. I can't promise anything spectacular after game day in Stillwater though. Go Pokes!

Wednesday, September 2nd = 4.0 miles in 36:56 (9:14 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment