Tracking

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 22 and 23 - US Open and NCAA football

This has to be one of my favorite times of the year. The air is beginning to turn a little cooler, college football season is just around the corner, and I have the pleasure of watching night tennis at the US Open. I absolutely love this time of year. Not to mention, I get a 3-day weekend because of the beautiful Labor Day holiday. Smiles all around in this house!

Good news today. My brother was released from the hospital after having another surgery yesterday afternoon. He had to have some more skin removed and infection drained out of two more areas on his arm. They did some whirlpool treatments to flush out the wound and reassessed today. They said things are beginning to look better and they believe they have removed all of the infected tissue. He has to wear a wound vac for a month which will be pretty annoying, but it sure is a lot better than sitting in a hospital room. Basically the wound vac creates a vacuum seal over the wound and drains the wound constantly. He has a little "man-purse" he has to carry around with him, but he at least can return to a somewhat normal way of life. I am sure he is going to love that first day back at school when everyone sees him for the first time. He is evidently one popular little kid at high school. I know he won me over even more over the past week, so I can imagine he is a pretty cool kid to hang with at school.

On the training front, nothing much has changed this week. I took a rest day yesterday and did my fantasy football draft with my work friends. It was my first live draft and I had a really good time. I did a little better than I thought I would honestly and am pretty pleased with my team. It was $75 to enter the league and the payout is going to be pretty nice. I hope I get a chunk of the change after the season!

Today I did the obligatory 3 mile run at the gym. It was a rather uneventful run which is always good news for me. I did almost fall down on the treadmill after I slowed down. My foot missed the belt and my mind wasn't ready for the sudden change in pace. Oops! I think I will take my run outside tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice and I want to use the Garmin again :-)

Football season is only 4 days away! I can't wait!

Tuesday, September 1st - 3.0 miles in 29:20 (9:47 pace)

August Mileage : 57.78 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment