Tracking

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 9 - Making Strides

Another one in the books. It's always nice to mark another day off the training schedule as a success. I have decided to switch out Week 2 and 3 on the original schedule due to the Run w/ the Bulls 5K this weekend. That means my running schedule for the week will be as follows:

Tuesday : 3.0 miles
Wednesday : 4.0 miles
Thursday : Cross-Train or 3.0 miles
Friday : Rest
Saturday : Run w/ the Bulls 5K + 2 miles (5 miles roughly)
Sunday : Cross-Train

I think that should allow me to enjoy the race a little more and not worry about getting in 7 miles this weekend as originally scheduled. Plus, I am not really planning on "racing". I am going to run leisurely and enjoy the company along the way. No need to get too excited since the marathon is my ultimate goal.

Tuesday, August 18th - 3.0 miles in 28:55 (9:38 pace)

It's become increasingly difficult to run a 10 minute mile and not feel like I am absolutely walking. I think I will slowly work my way up the pace chart the next few weeks. Nothing too drastic though.

No comments:

Post a Comment