Tracking

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 7 - Chuck E Cheese

Today was my "long run" day. Sundays are my favorite day of the week. Generally I get to sleep in a bit, go get some Starbucks, catch up on news, and then go for my long run. Today was more of the same and I loved it. I woke up about 9 AM and leisurely got out of bed and went to get some Starbucks. A Venti Americano makes me smile. After my coffee, I headed to the house and had my normal pre-run breakfast of a whole-wheat bagel, peanut butter, and grape jelly. I also managed to catch up on some of my running blogs, read some CNN, and watched Sportscenter while doing some stretching. After that, I made my way to the Downtown YMCA and ran my scheduled 6 miles. Let me tell you, it was a great run. I felt great the entire way through and didn't even think about my hip injury. My knees are a little sore at the moment, but other than that minor hiccup, it was a great success. Week 1 is in the books and I am more than convinced I can make this thing work. Week 2 starts tomorrow!

Today was also my nephew's big birthday party at Chuck E Cheese with the extended family. We actually had 3 birthday parties with Ayden, Harrison, and Gage all within 3 years of each other and all having August birthdays. Chuck E Cheese is just one of those places where you have to just try to tune out the hundreds of screaming kids and try to retain some sort of sanity. It is great birth control and is one place I will not miss seeing when my young relatives finally outgrow the incessant need to spend tons of someone else's money for a Nerf football and a sucker. I know I loved it as a kid too, so kudos to my parents and my brother for being able to suck it up and have fun. I actually did have a really good time hanging out with the folks again. My cousins are always fun to see as well. We are all amped up for OSU football and I actually have 2 cousins in school up there at the moment, so maybe I will frequent a college party at some point this season and relive my days as a crazy college kid. I know it will only happen once. I am too old to do it twice within a 4 month span!

Day 7, Sunday, August 16th - 6.0 miles in 58:30 (9:45 pace)

Have a good evening and a great start to your week. Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment