Tracking

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 15-16 : Garmin 310 XT Has Arrived!

Yep, you read that correctly! The Garmin Forerunner 310XT has finally arrived in Oklahoma City. After several weeks of delays and many e-mails back and forth with Road Runner Sports, UPS delivered the goods about 5:30 pm today. I haven't really had much of a chance to use it yet, but it is fully charged and ready to go now. I will take it for a test drive tomorrow and give everyone a review this weekend after I use it a few times. I bought the one with the heart rate monitor included and the first fitting seems very comfortable. One more package tomorrow and I think my online running purchases are finished for a while. The next round of purchases will be cold weather running gear for the marathon and winter training.

Monday was a rest day so not much to report from yesterday. I did go do a bit of strength training and managed to cook a pretty decent meal of squash, onions, and chicken for dinner. It was quite tasty. The fresh produce from my parent's garden definitely hit the spot. Other than that, just the usual ice and stretching routine as I continue to try to fend off any injuries that may pop up over the weeks. Prevention is the best medicine.

Today was my easy run day. I put in a decent 3 miles at the Midtown Y. Nothing too special to report other than that I am planning on taking my runs outside. The weather is definitely heading in the right direction and now I have a more reliable pace monitor so I don't overdo things in my training. Tomorrow's run will probably be at Lake Hefner pending any inclement weather. It is supposed to start raining tomorrow evening so I may postpone until the weather clears up. Off to bed for now. Reviews of the new Garmin are just around the corner!

Tuesday, August 25th - 3.0 miles in 29:19 (9:46 pace)

Take care. Talk to everyone again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment