Tracking

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 11 - Final Doctor Visit

Today marked the first day of officially being off "probation"! I went to my final doctor visit and checked out ok.. He did a lot of mobility tests and some pressure tests to make sure I wasn't having any abnormal pain. Everything checked out well and I am now on my own! He told me if I felt good and believed I could handle the workload, then go for it. He also told me that he would help me get to my race if something flared up late in my training. In other words, he would give me some good meds and let me do it if I wanted. I would have to assess my real goals at that point and decide if it was worth it or not. I am guessing that is a very personal decision. Hopefully there won't be any need for medical intervention!

The plan is still to get to this marathon healthy and have fun. No breakneck speeds, no real challenging time goals, and a lot of support along the course. Those are my real goals for this 1st marathon. White Rock Marathon, here I come!

No running today due to the tenderness I felt yesterday. I opted instead for some weights, stretching, and 30 minutes on the stationary bike. Rest day tomorrow and then my 1st race since May on Saturday. The weather here is absolutely beautiful at the moment. Low 60s at night and mid-80s during the day. I prefer 50s and 70s for it to be perfect, but I will take these temps any day when it's mid-August!

Thursday, August 20 - 30 minutes of stationary bike (7.05 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment