Tracking

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 10 - Appetite

My appetite is out of control. I am constantly hungry. I have started to try the smart snacking and smaller meal routine to increase the efficiency of my diet. It has worked in some respects. I have started to eat healthy snacks such as fruit, nuts, or small portions of dairy products. Yet, my meals haven't seemed to get any smaller. I am not eating anything that is bad for me, but my portions have been enormous. There definitely is something to be said about having too much of a good thing. Tonight I ended up eating a grilled chicken breast, baked potato, and some steamed broccoli as my post-run meal. Again, not bad food. Just too much. My goal is to trim back my portions a bit and get this appetite under control. I need to trim off a few pounds to keep improving my running regimen. Ideally, I will lose 10 pounds over the course of the next few months. If not, I at least know I will be a very fit 185 pounds :-)

My running today was a little experiment. I ended up trying to do a little tempo work to help slowly work my way back up the pace chart. Due to this and the 5K race on Saturday, tomorrow will be a cross-training day in place of the scheduled 3 miles. Here is what I did today.

Wednesday, August 19th - 4.0 miles in 38:05 (9:31 pace)
  • 1st mile at 9:50 pace
  • 2nd mile at 9:31 pace
  • 3rd mile at 9:13 pace
  • 4th mile at 9:40 pace (Last 1/4 mile at 8:57 pace)
All in all, it was a pretty decent workout and something different. I will try to do something similar next week just to break up the routine. I am also keeping my fingers crossed to get my Garmin next week. It will motivate to move my runs outdoors after I get the all-clear from the doctor tomorrow. I will fill you in on the visit tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment