Tracking

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July is over??

What's up with that? I can't believe we only have 2 days left in July. The weather here in Oklahoma has been quite nice lately. I can handle high 80s/low 90s during an Oklahoma summer. Sign me up! Monday was perfect. Cloudy, rainy, and about 75. It made me ready for fall and the cold weather just around the corner. Football season, here we come!

Nothing too exciting the past couple of days. Work has been work. Big 12 football media days are ongoing and it sure gets me even more excited for Cowboy football. I am very optimistic and excited for a great season. Maybe this year we can finally topple the dreaded Sooners and our orange blooded neighbors to the south. It's our time to shine. Only 38 days and counting until kickoff in Stillwater. Go Pokes!

Keith Urban is also just around the corner. I have tickets on the floor, center stage, about 25 rows back. I haven't been on the floor for a major concert in quite some time. It should be a great time. Plus, Sugarland is opening for him so that makes it even better. Other than that, nothing else really on the plate over the next few weeks. I am trying to rally support for a mid-August float trip but I can't get much movement. What's up with everyone wanting to sit around lately? Oh well, it's probably better that way. It's about time to get focused, disciplined, and ready for a lot of training runs. Only one and a half weeks until the official start.

Only one run since the last post:

Tuesday, July 28th : 3.06 miles - 35 minutes - 11:26 pace

Warm-up of 10 minutes, ran 2 miles at a 10 min/mi pace and cool down of 5 minutes. Nothing special, but it was a nice recovery run.

Cross-training tomorrow for 30 minutes, 2.5 miles on Thursday, and then 5 miles this weekend. Slowly building up the base. Trying to keep up the good work.

Have a good night everyone. Speak to you again soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment