Tracking

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pre-Doctor Visit Jitters

I am back from my mini-vacation and am already looking forward to another one. I really don't have anything planned at the moment, but I do know I will probably take a full week off sometime in the next few months and do some traveling. I have some friends that are going to New England this October so I may meet up with them. They are going to do some sight-seeing and then spend a few days out on the Cape. It would be a very relaxing trip, but not sure how the timing will work. It is in the middle of Oklahoma State football season so it would be a tight squeeze in the schedule.

Puerto Vallarta was a fun trip. It will be a repeat visit, but I do think my maximum number of days on the beach is about 3-4. I just need to do something after a while and the humidity isn't something I enjoy. I didn't do any excursions on this trip since it was a ratehr quick trip and a wedding was involved. I did get to meet quite a few new people and had a really great time hanging out with the ones I knew on the trip. It's pretty hard to complain about an all-inclusive resort where all I did was swim, eat, and drink. It was a nice release. Needless to say I gained a few pounds, but plan on getting that weight off asap. After all, once I start running, it all firms up anyway :-)

The looming doctor appointment is Thursday afternoon. I don't feel very confident I will get a clean slate evaluation. I will admit that my right hip seems to be loosening up quite a bit, but there are still some sharp pains from time to time. Now my left hip is starting to bug me. Probably from all the over-compensating on my part to keep weight off my right side. If it's not one thing, it's another. My back is pretty tight too due to all the physical therapy exercises that require twisting and bending. I think all of it will go away fairly quickly and the best recipe for my confidence right now would be a pain free run. I think I am aiming for a June 29th start to running again. That will give me another full week and a half of rehab and cycling. This all depends on what the doctor says of course.

I will post another update post-doctor visit and let you know what I find out. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment