Tracking

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wedding Weekend

This weekend was my trip to Ponca City for Kari's wedding. She and I met during the first week of college at OSU and have been friends ever since. It was really nice to be able to be a part of the celebration and get to hang out with Chris and Shannon. Ponca City is actually not a bad little town. I had a good time hanging out at the Rocking Horse on Friday night and watching the great social experiment of a small-town bar serving $7 drown night. It was a very entertaining mix of people and I had many good laughs watching people have dance-offs and acting ridiculous. I was sober so everything seemed even that more strange as you can imagine. Something about this new running regimen has really dampened my desire to drink and eat badly. It's not a bad thing. It's just kinda odd. I have a feeling that will all end soon as we embark on the summer adventures, but it was a nice break for my body :-)

Chris and Kari have been with me since day 1 of my college experience and to see how each person has grown and developed has been a true blessing. Both have met great companions and each have their lives headed in the right direction. I am very proud to call them my friends and I look forward to seeing their families grow. It seems like just a short time ago we were moonlighting it at Lake Carl Blackwell trying to decide what to do next and now we are here. In our lives as adults and still great friends. In a perfect world, we would all live in the same city, or heck, even the same state. For now, we will have to cherish those few days a year we actually get to see each other. I look forward to spending a summer weekend in Wichita with Kari and Scott and sharing my first marathon experience with Chris and Shannon in Dallas. Until then, my best wishes go out to them both. Here are a few pics from this weekend. We are all grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment