Tracking

Monday, May 25, 2009

Long weekends

I think long holiday weekends may be just about the best thing in adult work life. Well, ok. The week vacations are even better, but it seems like three-day weekends are just about right for rejuvenating the soul. I feel so much better rested and ready for the week ahead. I think CEOs should take note out there in corporate america. A happy worker is a productive worker. Who said there is anything wrong with a 4-day workweek??

Nothing much of note this weekend other than the incessant need to run and the inability to do so at this point. I went out to Lake Hefner today to read and enjoy the nice weather and I was busting at the seams to lace up the shoes and start running. It probably doesn't help that my current reading choice is "Marathon : The Ultimate Training Guide." It makes me even more motivated and ready to start the journey. Physical therapy starts tomorrow. I hope it works and I hope it works well. I want to be back on my feet soon. I am giving myself until the middle of June to heal. I know I will have to pretty much start from square one on running, but I am hoping the PT says I can do other cardio work such as elliptical and the bicycle to keep some of my cardiovascular strength intact. In the meantime, I have just been lifting weights and eating too much. I also have been sticking to the rest, ice, and compression routine while I am at home. Hopefully my discipline will pay off with a shorter recovery time.

No comments:

Post a Comment