Tracking

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Finally caught a breather...

So, today was Mother's Day and I must admit, I wasn't a very good son. Sure, I called and talked to Mom, but I didn't go visit. I just needed a day for me. The last 2 weekends have been pretty non-stop with the half marathon, wedding showers, weddings, and just general weekend activities. I wanted a day to decompress. I have found that often when I do this, I end up with ideas and become more productive in my daily life. Today was a success in that aspect. I managed to get all my laundry done, sleep in a bit, get some essentials from Target, and have made out a new stretching/strength exercise routine to improve my running. I think it will also help tone and firm some areas that haven't seen a lot of love lately. My goal is to trim down by about 10 pounds before I hit the marathon in December. I am at a pretty decent weight at the moment, but I think with a little less poundage, I could definitely improve my time and put less strain on my body.

Saturday started off with a bang, literally. I ran the OKC Clean Air Challenge 5K out at the OKC Zoo amid lightning strikes and a brief downpour. The rain actually felt good, but I could have done without the lightning. My time was pretty decent. I ran my 5K in 23 minutes and 08 seconds so a little improvement from my RedBud time. The course was pretty hilly, so all in all I was pretty happy with my race. On a flat course, I think I could have pushed a 21 minute time but we will have to try that another day. For the time being, I have decided to take this week off from running, except for a maybe a light 2 or 3 miles during the middle of the week. My hip is still hurting and I want to make sure I hit marathon training in top form.

This is kind of a random post. I am pretty much just typing whatever comes to mind. It's kind of the way my mind has been today. A lot of different thoughts jumping through my head. I am having one of those days. A day when I wonder what's waiting just around the corner. I have a lot of plans, but I just have that feeling that something is going to change. Not necessarily with me, but with something/someone in my life. You know sometimes you just feel it. I hope it's a good change.

That thought leads me down another path. I found a song I really like. It's by Pink and it's titled "Crystal Ball". I am a sucker for ballads. I am a sucker for songs that make you search inside. They make you examine your own life and think about things we are sometimes scared to contemplate. Give it a listen if you get a chance.

http://myplay.com/audio_player/pink/211/388228/388233?allowBrowsing=1

I think it's time to log off for now. I need to finish up a few things before hitting the bed. Tomorrow should be a crazy day. I better wake up alert and in a good mood because I will have to hit the ground running fast and furious. You have to love trading sometimes. A 3-day weekend is on the horizon though. Happy Mother's Day. Love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment